Having regular air conditioning service completed at least once a year can help lengthen the life of your air conditioner and keep it functioning at its highest efficiency. Before we get to the muggiest days of the Ellsworth summer, have the professionals at Walter's-Eaton's Electric, Plumbing, Heating & AC conduct your annual air conditioning service.
Some tasks should always be done during a proper air conditioning service appointment. As stated by energy.gov, your technician should always:
- Inspect for the correct amount of refrigerant, and if needed, look for refrigerant leaks with a leak detector.
- If a refrigerant evacuation is required, recover any refrigerant that must be evacuated from the system, as opposed to illegally discharging it to the atmosphere.
- Inspect for proper airflow in the system.
- Confirm the correct electric control sequence to ensure proper sequence of operation.
- Examine electric terminals, clean and tighten connections.
- Inspect the precision of the thermostat.
When it comes to DIY air conditioning service, swapping out or cleaning your air filters regularly is a top priority. That’s because nothing else that easy can help guarantee your air conditioner continues to work at top efficiency. In addition to when the air filter is cleaned or swapped out during your yearly air conditioning service appointment, you should check it frequently. We recommend looking at it monthly or according to the manufacturer’s recommendation. How often it actually needs cleaning or replacement will be dependent on individual factors in your home, like how much dust enters your home and whether or not you have pets.
If it’s time for your annual air conditioner service or if you have questions about air filters or another element of air conditioner maintenance, call Walter's-Eaton's Electric, Plumbing, Heating & AC today at 715-318-6728.