As warmer weather rolls around, you may be thinking, is an AC tune-up worth it in Ellsworth? Particularly if your AC unit is newer or was cooling good last season.
Here’s one way to look at it. You wouldn’t get a brand-new car and never anticipate to schedule any work for it, such as putting in fresh oil or buying new tires.
The same is applicable to your air conditioner. It’s equipment that consumes fuel and has moving components. Like a car, it can end up with leaks and its moving pieces can break down.
Having your equipment inspected yearly by a Walter's-Eaton's Electric, Plumbing, Heating & AC technician can help locate little issues before they lead to huge malfunctions. (And cause your system to stop working!)
6 Reasons to Tune Up Your AC in the Spring
- It keeps your equipment clean. Since your cooling system is placed outdoors, it’s more inclined to having a buildup of dirt, leaves and other yard refuse, which can negatively affect your equipment’s efficiency. While you can try our how to clean your AC guide, we recommend calling an expert to service delicate internal pieces.
- It keeps your system efficient. Dirt and yard refuse that collect inside your unit can push it to work harder and lower airflow. Both these issues can lead to higher energy use—and a higher cooling bill!
- It could prolong your system’s life span. A clean AC is an efficient one and might even help it last longer. That’s money that you won’t spend on your monthly cooling costs and over the years, as you won’t have to replace your equipment as quickly.
- It helps identify minor problems before they turn into large, costly problems. During professional AC maintenance, your specialist will carefully look at components and carry out a set of air conditioning performance checks. These detailed measures often allow us to identify problems before they lead to major troubles that lead to a costly repair bill.
- It helps ensure stress-free operation throughout the summer. After your system is serviced, you’ll have peace of mind realizing your system is well-prepared to give worry-free air. Even on the muggiest days. It’s one of the smartest methods to keep your air conditioner from failing.
- It keeps your warranty going. Most manufacturers require regular maintenance to keep your warranty in place. Without this service, your system is at risk for premature breakdowns and limited efficiency.
What Does AC Maintenance Include?
A premium AC service should involve an inspection and maintenance work from a qualified HVAC tech. Here’s some of the things we’ll perform:
We’ll examine the subsequent areas and parts:
- Total unit condition
- Start-up pattern
- Thermostat adjustment
- Air filter
- Blower pieces and airflow
- Electrical connections
- Condenser coil
- Safety controls
- Supply and return temperature
- Refrigerant pressure
- Condensate drains
This is just a portion of the jobs we’ll finish:
- Install new air filters
- Refasten electrical connections
- Check electrical flow
- Grease moving pieces
- Rinse condensate drains
- Clean condenser coil
Request Your AC Service Immediately with Walter's-Eaton's Electric, Plumbing, Heating & AC
Today is the perfect time to book your AC maintenance! Give our Walter's-Eaton's Electric, Plumbing, Heating & AC pros a shout at 715-318-6728 or contact us online to set up your appointment. Before we come to your home, be sure to browse our special offers for savings on your approaching tune-up.