As warmer weather begins, you could be wondering, is an AC tune-up worth it in Ellsworth? Particularly if your AC unit is up-to-date or was running just fine last year.
Here’s one way to look at it. You wouldn’t get a brand-new car and never have to request any work for it, such as putting in fresh oil or buying new tires.
The same is applicable to your air conditioning. It’s equipment that consumes fuel and has moving parts. Like a vehicle, it can get leaks and its moving parts can break down.
Having your unit checked yearly by a Walter's-Eaton's Electric, Plumbing, Heating & AC technician can help spot minor issues before they become large meltdowns. (And cause your equipment to stop running!)
Six Reasons to Tune Up Your AC in the Spring
- It keeps your system clean. Since your cooling system is placed outdoors, it’s more vulnerable to having a buildup of dirt, leaves and other yard refuse, which can greatly affect your unit’s efficiency. While you can try our how to clean your AC guide, we recommend calling a pro to service intricate internal pieces.
- It keeps your equipment efficient. Dirt and yard refuse that accumulate inside your unit can make it work harder and lower airflow. Both these problems can create higher energy use—and a more expensive utility bill!
- It could extend your equipment’s life span. A clean air conditioner is an efficient one and might even help it last for a longer period of time. That’s money that you’ll save on your monthly energy costs and over the years, because you won’t have to replace your equipment as quickly.
- It helps find little troubles before they become big, pricey problems. During professional AC maintenance, your specialist will keenly examine components and complete a series of AC performance checks. These in-depth procedures often allow us to locate issues before they turn into big troubles that result in an expensive repair bill.
- It helps deliver worry-free comfort throughout the season. After your AC is serviced, you’ll have peace of mind knowing your equipment is ready to provide worry-free cooling. Even on the warmest days. It’s one of the best methods to keep your air conditioner from failing.
- It keeps your warranty in place. Most manufacturers expect regular maintenance to keep your warranty valid. Without this work, your equipment is open to premature breakdowns and limited efficiency.
What Does AC Maintenance Entail?
A good AC tune-up should involve an examination and maintenance work from an experienced HVAC technician. Here’s some of the work we’ll do:
We’ll examine the subsequent areas and parts:
- Full equipment order
- Start-up pattern
- Thermostat settings
- Air filter
- Blower parts and airflow
- Electrical connections
- Condenser coil
- Safety mechanisms
- Supply and return temperature
- Refrigerant pressure
- Condensate drains
This is just a part of the jobs we’ll complete:
- Replace air filters
- Tighten electrical connections
- Check electrical flow
- Lubricate moving components
- Unclog condensate drains
- Clean condenser coil
Book Your AC Tune-Up Now with Walter's-Eaton's Electric, Plumbing, Heating & AC
Today is the perfect time to request your AC maintenance! Give our Walter's-Eaton's Electric, Plumbing, Heating & AC pros a ring at 715-318-6728 or contact us online to book your appointment. Before we come to your home, be sure to browse our discount offers for savings on your approaching tune-up.