Like any product you want to keep in good shape, HVAC equipment requires proper care in order to give you the greatest benefits. Trained professionals can service your heating and cooling products to make certain they're working at their maximum potential and help prevent more expensive repairs in the middle of the hottest or coldest months of the year.
Call Walter's-Eaton's Electric, Plumbing, Heating & AC at 715-318-6728 to get a comprehensive quote on replacement equipment.
Two-stage heating permits the furnace to heat at two levels of output: high for cold winter days and low for mild ones. About 80 percent of the time, your homes heating requirements can be met when the furnace is left on the low setting, enabling your two-stage unit to operate for longer periods of time. Two-stage units also provide more even heat distribution, fewer temperature swings, quiet operation, improved air filtration and energy efficiency.
Walter's-Eaton's Electric, Plumbing, Heating & AC has a selection of brands and models that are more efficient than ever and make it easier to find the best match for your home. There are innovative systems that make heating or cooling your home more automatic, running similar to cruise control to make small adjustments to help meet your comfort demands with energy efficiency. Contact us at 715-318-6728 to learn more about the technology we carry.
Modern furnaces are developed with a number of innovative features older furnaces don't have. Todays heating systems give you more even heating and are better at controlling airflow. Although the air coming out of your vents may seem cooler than your old furnace, the airflow is much better and more efficient.
Another benefit of modern furnaces is their ability to operate with other HVAC products as part of a high-efficiency whole home comfort system. When combined with a high-efficiency air conditioner, furnace blowers can more easily accommodate add-on cooling. Other innovations, such as Precise Comfort technology and variable speed motors, will help your furnace operate more efficiently and quieter than ever.
The Department of Energy recently boosted the minimum efficiency levels for air conditions, and the standards vary by region. Contact Walter's-Eaton's Electric, Plumbing, Heating & AC at 715-318-6728 to find the requirements for the Ellsworth area.
Walter's-Eaton's Electric, Plumbing, Heating & AC offers a number of HVAC products with high-efficiency ratings, which can help lower the amount of energy they require to work. Aside from choosing products that have received Energy Star® certification or achieved high SEER ratings for air conditioners or AFUE ratings for furnaces, you might consider the following:
- Making certain that your system receives regular maintenance by a trained technician can keep your system operating at its top performance.
- Zoning systems enable you to heat or cool only targeted areas of your home, so you wont have to pay to heat or cool spaces that aren't used.
- Installing a programmable thermostat allows you to set the temperature in your home around your schedule. They can be programmed to give you the comfort you desire when you're home and increase or decrease the temperature while you're not around, helping you save on heating and cooling costs.
Walter's-Eaton's Electric, Plumbing, Heating & AC is well-known in the Ellsworth area and you can depend on them to provide quality home comfort products. We carry a variety of innovative and high-quality products. We are dedicated to offering customers high-quality service and will make sure you find the appropriate solution for your home.
Improving your homes indoor air quality starts with four basic strategies:
- Poor indoor air quality leaves your home full of air pollutants floating around. So, to increase IAQ, the first step is to get rid of as many pollutants as possible. You can easily do this by cleaning and vacuuming at least one time during the week, frequently washing linens and storing cleaning products safely.
- Proper insulation is ideal for keeping your home warm in the winter and cool in the summer, but it also makes it difficult for airborne pollutants to escape. We have products that help swap stale air for fresh, filtered outside air.
- Good ventilation and routine cleaning are a start, but air filters, germicidal lights and purification systems take your IAQ to the next level by capturing microscopic particles, killing germs and getting rid of particles while destroying chemical vapors.
- Programmable thermostats will help control the humidity levels and temperature to help stop particles and germs from building up while also keeping your home comfortable.
We recommend that you meet with one of the experts at Walter's-Eaton's Electric, Plumbing, Heating & AC and have them assess your home and current indoor comfort system. We can help you choose which equipment will be best suited to meet your needs.
Lots of homeowners believe that air conditioners make your home cooler, but it actually removes the heat from your home, sending the hot air outside. That hot air goes across a cold indoor coil where refrigerant in the lines sends the heat to the coil in your outdoor unit, releasing it outside. This cycle continues until the indoor temperature reaches the temperature you set on your thermostat.
Due to the increasing amount of energy used by heating and cooling systems, the Department of Energy (DOE) hiked up the minimum efficiency levels for air conditioners, heat pumps and packaged units manufactured after January 1, 2015. These levels are determined regionally and carry varying requirements based on your location. Walter's-Eaton's Electric, Plumbing, Heating & AC will be able to answer any questions you may have regarding these minimum requirements and let you know what choices are available when you're searching for a replacement system.
These numbers are located on a nameplate or sticker that is near your systems service panel. The sticker should be white with black letters and have both of these numbers located at the top of the sticker. M/N denotes model number while S/N is your serial number.
There are a few ways to determine what size system is the best fit for your home, but the most reliable way to size a system is by having your local Walter's-Eaton's Electric, Plumbing, Heating & AC technician come out and perform a load calculation. This calculation considers your homes: square footage, insulation value, amount of insulation, and a handful of other factors.
The short answer is Yes, because dirt and other debris can inhibit your systems ability to work efficiently. For heat pumps, it is not unusual to have frost or ice on them during the winter, but they also include defrost controls to ensure they work efficiently in those kinds of weather.
Two-stage cooling means that your cooling unit has two levels of operation. When summer is its warmest, the high setting kicks in, and when its cooler or more mild, the low setting gets the job done.
Typically, the lower setting can take care of your cooling needs, but even when the high setting kicks in, you may not realize it because it can maintain such even temperatures for your comfort. This can also mean a quieter cooling system, greater efficiency and enhanced humidity control.
Your system could be freezing up for a variety of reasons, but the most typical are dirty filters, low refrigerant, a dirty evaporator coil and/or a faulty blower motor. Changing a filter is something homeowners take care of; however, you'll need to call the professionals at Walter's-Eaton's Electric, Plumbing, Heating & AC at 715-318-6728 for other problems or if you have other questions or concerns.
Choosing the best thermostat for your cooling system comes with a lot to think about. Thats why its nice to have such a wide variety of choices from Walter's-Eaton's Electric, Plumbing, Heating & AC. Whether you're searching for a programmable or non-programmable thermostat or want to join the smart home trend, there are a number of thermostats that you have to pick from. Some thermostats will depend on what type of heating and cooling system you have, but the pros at Walter's-Eaton's Electric, Plumbing, Heating & AC will be able to help determine what options meet your needs and your budget.
Heat pumps can be a tad confusing due to their name, but they actually meet both your heating and cooling needs throughout the year. When its hot outside it works like an air conditioner in that it removes heat from your home, but when it cools off, the process gets turned around and it collects heat from outside and brings it inside. Heat pumps are also very efficient, and may produce up to two or three times more heat than the energy it uses.
Of course we advise you to also replace your indoor system, but this is why:
- All outdoor cooling systems have a matching indoor unit that they are designed to work with to ensure efficient performance. When they aren't paired with the other part as a complete system, efficiency can suffer.
- As with most products, advancements have brought about newer, more efficient ways of doing things. Heating and cooling systems are no different. These advances most importantly include greater heating and cooling efficiency, but also consist of improved air handling, filtering and noise pollution reduction to name a few.
- Heating and cooling systems that are more than 10-15 years old normally need to be replaced. Not only do they have outdated technology, but they are also less efficient than newer models. Buying a new indoor unit at the same time means you'll have a matched system to provide you with even more comfort and efficiency for years to come.
The communication module on your home energy system might send the system's performance records for each module to a website. You should visit this website to learn more about the system's status, energy production and environmental benefits. The site also displays carbon offsets as it happens.
In most areas, rain will be enough to keep the solar modules clean. If you live in a dusty or industrial area, periodically spraying the modules with water can help improve performance. However, detergents and high-pressure hoses should never be used to rinse solar modules.
The best thermostat for you depends on your heating and cooling equipment. Walter's-Eaton's Electric, Plumbing, Heating & AC offers programmable and nonprogrammable thermostats that can help increase the efficiency of your HVAC systems. View our available products or contact us at 715-318-6728 to learn more.
Heating and cooling can make up a significant amount of your utility bill. The innovative and high-efficiency heating and air conditioning products available from Walter's-Eaton's Electric, Plumbing, Heating & AC can help reduce these costs. If you're shopping for a new heating or cooling system, look for products with high SEER ratings for air conditioners and AFUE ratings for furnaces. SEER and AFUE are a measure of system efficiency, and the higher the number, the more efficient the product. Besides purchasing a new home comfort system, consider these additional factors:
- Is your system regularly maintained? Whether it's a furnace or air conditioner, HVAC systems will operate more efficiently after regular maintenance checks.
- Do you need a zoning system? If there are areas in your home that are rarely used, a zoning system will allow you to heat or cool only the most used areas of your house.
- Does your home have a programmable or smart thermostat? According to the U.S. Department of Energy, programmable thermostats may decrease your heating costs by up to 35 percent, and your cooling costs by up to 25 percent.
Zoning equipment gives you the opportunity to divide parts of your house and control the temperature differently in each room. These systems are good for when you have areas of your home that are seldom used or when you and your family are constantly in disagreement of what the temperature in each area of your home should be. Zoning systems are nearly silent and efficient, giving you more control over the comfort of your home. Find out more about the zoning systems available from Walter's-Eaton's Electric, Plumbing, Heating & AC.