Before you begin filling up the calendar with summer vacations and trips, be sure to schedule time to have your air conditioner looked at by a heating and cooling professional. Routine maintenance may not give you a sense of urgency, but regular air conditioner service does more for your air conditioner than you think.
Why do tune-ups help?
- Minimize need for repairs – Most people agree that the summer months in Ellsworth are not the best time for an air conditioner to give out. Scheduling air conditioner service lets you be more proactive and our expert technicians can check for any red flags that suggest trouble ahead for your air conditioner.
- Ensure efficient operations – Not only can tune-ups pinpoint areas of concern, but it also keeps your air conditioner running as efficiently as possible. Air conditioners are investments that you should continually check on and maintain to make sure you are maximizing the benefits from your unit.
- Reduce expenses – You want the greatest performance possible out of your air conditioner. A comfortable living area is the main goal, but a properly running air conditioner also reduces your energy bills and prolongs the life of your system.
What will a technician do during an air conditioning tune-up?
- Check the filter status – It’s recommended to change your filters at a minimum every three months, so the technician will take a look at the cleanliness of the existing filter. Dirty filters force your air conditioner to run harder than it should and can also lower the quality of the air in your living space.
- Check refrigerant charge – Too much and too little are certainly not good things when talking about refrigerant levels. Too little refrigerant can cause extra stress on your system and too much will reduce how efficiently your air conditioner cools.
- Check electrical connections – There are lots of moving parts that are included in an air conditioner and when these become loose it increases the chance of sparks or other damage to the electrical components.
- Clean the coils – Dust and other particles can collect on both your outdoor and indoor coils, which can hurt efficiency and increase the amount of energy used.
The experts from Walter's-Eaton's Electric, Plumbing, Heating & AC in Ellsworth offer a quality air conditioner tune-up and service, also answering any questions you have about your air conditioner, its performance or your indoor comfort. Give them a call at 715-318-6728 and make sure your home stays cool this summer.