During the cold Ellsworth months, your furnace is your best friend—except for when your furnace breaks down and becomes your worst enemy. Hopefully, this won’t happen in your home, keeping you and your furnace on friendly terms. Nonetheless, if it occurs, a simple call to Walter's-Eaton's Electric, Plumbing, Heating & AC will help bring warm and comfort back into your house in no time. We’ve got some signs you should look for to help you decide if you’re in need a furnace repair—hopefully before you’re in an emergency repair situation. Call Walter's-Eaton's Electric, Plumbing, Heating & AC right away if you observe any of these problems:
- You smell gas. Shut down your furnace instantly and shut off its gas supply if you smell gas. Don’t light a match or anything else that produces a flame and leave the lights off until your furnace can be inspected by your HVAC expert or your gas company.
- Your home is too chilly. If you’re constantly turning up the thermostat, yet you aren’t getting warmer, a furnace repair could be needed. While this could be a indication of a problem with your thermostat, it may also mean your furnace is not the right size for your home.
- Your furnace is noisy. If you hear a change in the sounds coming from your furnace and it’s become noisier than usual, it’s probably a good idea to arrange a repair.
- Your utility bill is climbing without increased usage. If you’re running your furnace as you usually do but recognize an increase in your energy bill, there are several different problems you could be experiencing. Your expert from Walter's-Eaton's Electric, Plumbing, Heating & AC can find out what the problem is.
- Your blower isn’t working correctly. If your blower isn’t running enough or, on the other hand, is running constantly, you could have a problem. It may be a something as small as an air filter problem or something as big as a motor problem. We’ll help you figure it out.
Now that you know how to tell when you need a furnace repair, give us a call and we are happy to help. If your furnace is operating fine, keep it that way with a preventive maintenance visit. Just call Walter's-Eaton's Electric, Plumbing, Heating & AC at 715-318-6728 or arrange an appointment with us online.