In Ellsworth you rely on your furnace
to keep you warm throughout the chilly time of year. If it’s been a while since you had a standard maintenance appointment for your f
urnace, you could be needing a furnace repair
visit sooner rather than later. As a minimum, you probably have a dirty air filter, which can obstruct air flow and effect your furnace’s performance. It could even create problems with your furnace’s control switch, which controls furnace operation.
There are a lot of other reasons you may call for a furnace repair. We’ve collected some signs for you to search for. The earlier you can call for a heat pump service, the better. Call in an expert, like Walter's-Eaton's Electric, Plumbing, Heating & AC, if you note any of these symptoms:
- Your blower doesn’t seem to be operating properly. Is it working enough? Is it running all the time? Is the air blowing through as liberally as it should, or does it seem feeble? Symptoms related to your blower could indicate a minor problem with your air filter or the interior blower.
- Your home isn’t getting warm enough. Are you turning up the thermostat again and again, but you’re still cool? This could be a issue with your thermostat. It might be that your furnace is too small for your home. It may even be a issue with your gas source or your pilot light, along with other things.
- Your furnace is loud. If your furnace starts operating at top volume or producing noises you’re not used to hearing, there could be trouble.
- You smell gas. You certainly don’t want to interfere with this one. If you smell gas, shut down your furnace at once and shut down its gas supply. Stay clear from lighting matches or switching on lights until your HVAC expert or your gas company inspects it.
- You find water pooling around your furnace. Often times this is a clogged condensation line. This could require both plumbing and HVAC professionals to repair.
- Your utility bill keeps growing. If your bill is increasing, but your usage is not, there could be a variation of complications. Your HVAC technician will help find out what’s going wrong.
Now that you’ve read these indicators, you’ll know when you need to arrange furnace repair. And we’re here when you need it. Call Walter's-Eaton's Electric, Plumbing, Heating & AC at 715-318-6728 when you need to arrange repairs or regular maintenance.