With warmer temps right around the corner, now is the time to take a look at your air conditioner. When your air conditioner
is working at its best, it can cut a significant amount off your energy costs! Likewise, if your air conditioning unit needs service, it could dramatically raise your expenses and cause unnecessary and life-shortening wear and tear on your system. Having your Walter's-Eaton's Electric, Plumbing, Heating & AC expert perform air conditioning service
at least each year is key to keeping your system running at its best for a while. He or she can ensure the unit is working correctly and can identify looming problems in advance of them happening, saving you even more money.
Your professional air conditioning service should include, but is not limited to:
- Replacement of, or cleaning of, air filters
- Cleaning of condensate drain, blower components and condenser coil
- Lubrication of all moving parts and tightening of electrical components
- Performance of cooling cycle assessment
In addition to arranging your professional air conditioning service, there are steps you can do now and occasionally throughout the year to ensure your air conditioner is at peak performance.
- Uncover your outdoor unit if it was covered during cooler months. Running your AC with a cover, coil blanket or lid on it may harm your system and leave you needing major repairs or even replacement.
- Clean the area surrounding your AC. Be sure there are no shrubs, weeds, flowers, etc. growing around your AC unit because they might inhibit airflow through your AC. Also make sure there aren’t piles of leaves or mulch covering any part of it.
Through the year:
- While your filters may be cleaned or swapped out during your expert air conditioning service, it’s important for you to inspect them monthly and change them per the manufacturer’s suggestion. Each home has different needs when it comes to air filter replacement, relying on things like owning house pets or doing home construction through the year.
Having your ducts cleaned on a regular basis will also make sure your air conditioner is able to work efficiently and will help you maintain a comfy home. By sticking to these simple, proactive steps, you’ll be doing everything you can to be sure your air conditioner will be ready for whatever summer brings your way. Give the pros at Walter's-Eaton's Electric, Plumbing, Heating & AC a call at 715-318-6728.